Your Comments on Public Shooting Needed!
The Pike and San Isabel National Forests Cimarron and Comanche National Grasslands are currently requesting commentary and feedback on the Integrated Management of Target Shooting on the Pike National Forest Project. This project seeks to create more shooting opportunities and venues for users. Efforts to reach solutions for the needs and impacts related to target shooting are summarized in a three-part approach:
- Develop at least one target shooting range on each ranger district.
- Close areas of the forest to dispersed shooting based on potential risks to public safety, wildfire, impacts to adjacent private property, resource damage, user conflicts, or enforcement access.
- Implement these changes using a conditions-based, adaptive framework.
Please share your thoughts. The deadline for all comments is 2/22/2021.Comment by following the link below to learn more and voice your opinions. On the righthand side of the directed page, select “Comment/Object on Project” to comment.
Public Shooting Story Map
the US Forest service has prepared a story map for target shooting on the Pike National Forest. This story map is a great way to more fully understand the impact and importance of public shooting management in our region. This story map breaks down the most important information into a digestible format.
There are three opportunities to join the Forest Service this week in talking about the Integrated Management of Target Shooting Project. Register by clicking the button below. The following time slots are open for registration:
- Tuesday, Feb. 2nd, 5:30pm
- Wednesday, Feb. 3rd, 5:30pm
- Thursday, Feb. 4th, 5:30pm
*Please Note: questions need to be emailed in advance