|Outdoor Recreation Roundtable (ORR) praised today’s announcement by the Biden Administration on the revival of the Federal Interagency Council on Outdoor Recreation (FICOR). Established by the America’s Great Outdoors Initiative, the FICOR was created to support and enhance outdoor recreation access and opportunities on our Federal lands and waters. FICOR is a seven agency council formed to promote better coordination and collaboration.
The purpose of FICOR is to:
- coordinate recreation management across multiple agencies as well as streamline and align policies and procedures across these agencies
- provide up-to-date web based information
- improve the engagement of youth in healthy active lifestyles
- Identify ways to improve access to and benefits from our parks, refuges, and other public lands, waters, and shores for persons with disabilities; and
- Identify partners outside the federal government who can promote outdoor recreation and provide additional resources and access.
Pikes Peak Outdoor Recreation Alliance is excited about this new announcement from the Biden Administration! As we are continuing to see a rise in the use of our federal land, agency collaboration such as what FICOR is establishing could not come at a better time!
View full press release from ORR or view their summary!